Saturday, January 22, 2011
More Info on MESA Training on manufacturing operations management
MESA International, an international organization promoting best practices in manufacturing execution systems (MES) and manufacturing operations management (MOM), is launching two programs this year in a series of forums that are offering MES/MOM Methodology Certificate of Competency (CoC) and MES/MOM Methodology Certificate of Awareness (CoA).
Much of the training materials are derived from the ISA-95 Best Practices Working Group’s 20 Methodology Papers and the MESA Guidebooks. This new book published by the International Society of Automation (ISA), "When Worlds Collide in Manufacturing Operations: ISA-95 Best Practices Book 2.0," is derived from the papers. The book's outline is:
Chapter 1: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) for Manufacturing Overview
Chapter 2: Data Architecture for MOM: The Manufacturing Master Data Approach
Chapter 3: Building a Manufacturing Transformation Strategy with ISA-95 Methods
Chapter 4: Work Process Management for Adaptive Manufacturing
Chapter 5: B2MML, Integration Patterns, and Data Mapping
Chapter 6: Integration of Manufacturing Intelligence with MOM
Chapter 7: Lifecycle of Service Creation using the ISA-95 MOM
MESA MES/MOM Methodologies Program: MESA Certificate of Competency (CoC, 4 Days)
This MESA CoC Program is a comprehensive program of MES/MOM Methodologies courses in a 4 Day Curriculum for MES/MOM Consultants, System Analysts, Architects, Programmers, and Project Managers.
CoC Program Courses Overview:
1. Manufacturing Operations Models and Integration Standards (3 hours)
2. The Role of MES/MOM System in Continuous Improvement and the Collaborative Pull Supply Chain (2 hours)
3. Manufacturing Transformation Strategy: Maturity and Roadmap Modeling(3 hour)
4. Metric Framework for Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI): Aligning Financial and Operations Metrics (4 hours)
5. MES/MOM System Justification and ROI Assessment (4 hours)
6. MES/MOM SOW, RFP and Product Evaluation Method (4 hours)
7. Manufacturing 2.0 Architecture Overview (SOA for Manufacturing) (4 hours)
8. MES/MOM Implementation and Governance: MES/MOM System Requirement Specifications, GAMP and Industrial System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methods (4 hours)
9. MES/MOM Project Management Techniques (4 hours)
MESA MES/MOM Business Function Program: MESA Certificate of Awareness (CoA, 2 Days)
A MESA CoA Program is a high-level program of the MES/MOM Business Function courses in a 2 Day Curriculum for Executives, IT Professionals, and Manufacturing Professionals are short courses. These short courses are high-level versions of the 4 hour courses in the MES/MEM Methodology CoC Program.
CoA Program Courses
1. Strategic Relationships between MES/MOM, ERP, PLM, Supply Chain, BPM and Automation Initiatives (2 hours)
2. Market Requirement for Adaptive MES/MOM Systems based on Industry Standards (2 hours)
3. Manufacturing Transformation Strategy: Maturity and Roadmap Modeling (1 hour)
4. Justifying Manufacturing Operations System to Business Leaders (3 hours)
5. The Role of MES/MOM Systems in Continuous Improvement and the Collaborative Pull Supply Chain (1 hour)
6. Metric Framework for Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI): Aligning Financial and Operations Metrics (2 hours)
7. The Influence of Management Philosophy on MES/MOM Deployment and Governance (2 hours)
8. Choose the Right Solution: MES/MOM SOW, RFP and Product Evaluation Methods (2 hours)
9. MES/MOM Project Management Techniques (1 hours)
More information can be found on the Web here.
Course dates and locations are:
Chicago: CoC, March 7-11; CoA; March 14-15, 16-17
Sydney, Australia: CoC, April 5-8; CoA April 11-12.
Melbourne, Australia: CoA, April 14-15; CoC, April 18-21.
Philadelphia, PA: CoC, April 5-8; CoA, April 11-12
San Francisco, CA: CoA, May 5-6; CoC, May 9-12
Johannesburg, South Africa: CoC, May 4-7; CoA, May 11-12
Toronto/Mississauga, CN: CoC, May 31-June 3; 2 CoA. June 6-9
Copenhagen: COA, April 7-8
Haarlem, Netherlands: CoA, March 7 & 8
Nuneaton, UK: CoA, 28 Feb & Mar 1
Nuneaton, UK: CoC, 14-17 June
"When Worlds Collide in Manufacturing Operations: ISA-95 Best Practices Book 2.0," by Charlie Gifford, Editor and Contributing Author. ISA member price is $99.00, while non-members can purchase it for $109.00. Information can be found on the Web.