Here's a learning opportunity through a MESA Webcast on Tuesday April 13 at 11 am EDT. Speakers will address the question, how can a production company continue to improve its financial results in the face of a global economic crisis? This webcast will provide views from both a processor and a discrete manufacturer that have done that, as well as the MESA research perspective from a recent study Correlating Plant Performance with Business Performance.
Some of the questions that will be addressed:
- What differentiates companies that have improved their business performance from others (hint: it has nothing to do with size, location, or type of product)
- Why OEE is useful, but not adequate to ensure business gains
- What metrics the leaders focus on improving
- How one industrial company has continued to grow its margin despite a desperate decline in revenues
- How a processor improved its earnings (EBITDA) by over 10% on average during the years of the downturn
- How consistent metrics and visibility can improve performance
The moderator is Khris Kammer, Sr. Information Solutions Consultant, Rockwell Automation, and MESA Technical Committee Chair.
- Julie Fraser, Principal Industry Analyst, Cambashi, Inc., and MESA Metrics Working Group Chair
- George Strodtbeck, Executive Director, Cummins, Inc.
- Lars Wallstén, Head of Performance Systems, Linde
You must first register to attend this event. There is no cost to attend. MESA members and non-members are welcome to participate in the live webcast; however, only Premium members of MESA will have access to the recording and PowerPoint slides.
After registering, you will receive an e-mail confirmation message that will include the dial-in teleconference information as well as the link you will need to participate in the webcast. You will also receive a reminder e-mail.